- Rock climbing instructor, amateur sketch artist, home brewer, long-term resident
of Berkeley, California, USA and the narrator of our tale.
- Drew's ex-girlfriend. English literature major. Division champion
women's softball pitcher. Gourmet cook. Passionate liberal.
- Drew's best friend. Vietnam vet, bicycle messenger,
part-time dope dealer, ladies' man and cryptic observer.
A slow talker with lightning reflexes and a sharpshooter's eye.
- Vomisa. Accidental tourist and stranger in a strange land. The best natural rock
climber Drew has ever seen. Responsible for recruiting Drew and his friends into the
adventures chronicled in The Journals of Drew Wilde - A Season in Methven.
- Geology grad student. Experienced backpacker and caver. One of Drew's best students.
Intelligent and capable. A natural leader.
Tran "Tong" Lowe
- War baby. Son of a Vietnamese refugee and a Black GI. Biker who joined the service
as an alternative to prison. Gulf war vet and Blandy's best friend.
Blanford Wellington "Blandy" Carstairs III
- Black sheep scion of a wealthy San Francisco family. Extreme sports
enthusiast. Drew's student. Tong's homie. Gulf War vet.
(Copyright© 1997, 1998, 1999 by Thom Stark--all rights reserved)